LinkedIn has released a new ebook aimed at helping social media managers market their businesses across the platform. It also contains some very interesting stats that make a strong case for why you should consider including the platform in your array of social media channels.
Specifically, the ebook includes the following statistics across three categories:
Traffic and Engagement
The company says engagement is “booming” across the platform, citing these numbers:
- LinkedIn now has 610 million registered members
- 40% of users visit every day
- Comments, likes, and shares are up 60% year-over-year
- Views in the LinkedIn feed are up 60% from last year
- Mobile sessions are growing 57% year-over-year
- Over 130 thousand articles are created on the platform every week
LinkedIn isn’t content to just have a big user base. Rather, they have focused on building “the right audience”:
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members
- 61 million users are senior-level influencers
- 40 million users are in decision-making positions
- About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level)
The previous two areas have helped LinkedIn create a platform with users who are highly engaged, meaning marketing efforts are more successful and generate more meaningful results:
- 45% of all social media traffic to a company’s homepage comes from LinkedIn.
- 71% of people use information from LinkedIn to inform business decisions
- LinkedIn is the most trusted social platform globally, according to Business Insider’s Digital Trust report
- 50% of users are more likely to buy from companies when they have engaged in their social channels
LinkedIn’s ebook contains lots of other interesting data and recommendations for how you can leverage this information to create effective marketing strategies for the platform. Check it out here.