If you’ve ever wanted to know the secret to get the best response on LinkedIn Ads, Vidmob’s recently released report on global advertising trends on the platform may be exactly what you’re looking for.
The report breaks down every element of LinkedIn ads to show which visual elements, text, and creative strategies performed the best on the platform for driving B2B engagement.
The findings come from over 800 million ad impressions tracked by brands paying for video ad campaigns on LinkedIn within North America and the EMEA region (Africa, Europe, and the Middle East).
What Elements are Most Effective?
The report says video ads containing the following elements performed better than those that did not:
- Videos that display messaging in the first quarter of the video saw a 149% boost in views through the first 25% of the ad.
- Ads that are 7-15 seconds long received a 54% lift in engagement rates.
- Videos with high text contrast saw a 102% lift in views through the first 25%.
- Videos featuring a person within the first quarter received a 175% increase to views through the opening 25%
- Ads that include the phrase “Get a Quote” received 33% higher click-through rates.
- When ads show a brand logo within the first 2 seconds, they see a 17% increase to click-through rates.
From all the data and findings, Vidmob has made 5 key points advertisers should be aware of:
Video: “While short and sweet is the usual go-to for video length, for awareness plays in the tech industry, audiences are engaged with mid-length content too.”
Color: “Don’t shy away from bright hues in upper funnel assets.”
Terminology: “Make use of Tech industry jargon and relevant imagery in creative assets, such as ‘Data,’ ‘Leader,’ ‘Expert,’ and ‘Demand.’”
Functional Benefits: “Focus on functional benefits and how the products or solutions can add efficiencies for the audience.”
Branding: “Make sure some reference to the brand appears upfront in the first 3 sec of the creative.”
For more interesting findings about the best elements to use at each stage of the customer awareness journey, download the full report from Vidmob here.