LinkedIn is launching new ways for brands to publish content on the platform, including a long-form content format called Articles for Pages and new ways to stream live events.
The new long-form content format provides the first chance for companies or organizations on the social network to publish content that is not restricted by character count while the updates to live streaming better integrate the platform’s streaming features to provide a simpler, more accessible, and more sharable.
Let’s explore these updates a bit more.
Articles for Pages
While individuals have been able to publish long blogs and articles on their personal accounts for some time, company pages have been restricted to shorter content by arbitrary character counts.
With the new Articles for Pages, brands are finally free to go as in-depth as they want with their content on the social network, with absolutely no length restrictions.
Importantly, Articles for Pages also comes with informative audience and engagement insights, including audience demographic details.
LinkedIn Live Events
LinkedIn is uniting its “Scheduled LinkedIn Live” and “LinkedIn Events” features together to make live streaming more streamlined and easy to do.
Under the new title of LinkedIn Live Events, the platform is making it easier to access all of its live-streaming features while also debuting some new tricks and services.
With LinkedIn Live Events, brands can:
- Promote a livestream in advance to a targeted audience
- Notify registrants and select Page followers when the event goes live
- Generate views on the event page from anyone on the site, whether they’ve hit “Attend” or not, during and after the show.
- Share the replay of the live content for further reach and engagement
- Access LinkedIn Live with fewer followers than before
- Use expanded registration forms for Events to better suit your needs
- Manage leads with integration with Zapier.
Together, these new features open the door for brands to connect with their audience and promote their products and services in exciting and helpful ways which have been proven to drive leads. They are definitely worth considering if your brand serves professionals or entrepreneurs.
To find out more about LinkedIn’s latest announcements, check out their recent blog post on LinkedIn Pulse.