Twitter is rolling out a new form of carousel ads which let you showcase between 2-6 images or videos in a single ad.
According to the social network, the ads are particularly suited to helping businesses reach their advertising goal with a more immersive and interactive format which includes:
- An edge-to-edge design
- Third party measurement reporting
- Accessibility support
- New reporting features (such as swipes within the Carousel and breakdowns to measure individual Carousel card performance)
The ads have an edge on most other Twitter advertising formats because they allow you to approach an ad from a variety of different directions. You could highlight a variety of features and benefits of a single product, highlight a small collection of products, or tell a story about your brand.
Why You Should Try Carousel Ads
Carousel ads have already proven to be a powerful tool on a number of other platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads.
According to a Nielsen study cited by Twitter, using 3 or more assets in an ad format increases awareness by up to 20% and purchase intent by 7%.
Based on Twitter’s early testing of the ad format, that will continue to be true here. The company says carousel ads saw an average 15% increase in click-through rates compared to traditional single asset ad formats.
Carousel ads for apps saw an even bigger boost, with an average 24% increase in installs.
Twitter Carousel Ads Best Practices
To help you get started, Twitter provided a set of recommendations and best practices for making the most out of carousel ads:
- Use all of the available components: Including visuals, headlines, descriptions, and calls-to-action.
- Tell a story: Craft a visual narrative with a beginning, middle, and end to keep viewers engaged.
- Consider the audience: Show different product images to re-targeted customers than you would show to new, prospective customers.
- Highlight the product and its benefits: The product should be visible and there should be clear, simple communication of benefit to the consumer.
Available Now To Everyone
The new ad format is available to all advertisers and marks a renewed effort by Twitter to create a more effective and enticing advertising platform:
“This investment in performance advertising also includes expanding the capabilities of our ad formats to enable advertisers with more options to show and tell their brand story, while providing a more intuitive, engaging experience for people on Twitter.”