Google My Business has long let businesses mark their profiles with the special services or offerings your business provides in the real world. But, what about your online services?
When it comes to GMB attributes, online services have been the glaring omission for many businesses.
That is finally changing, as Google is introducing four new attributes you can add to your GMB listing – all of which highlight online services you provide.
The four new attributes appearing for use in GMB profiles include:
- Online appointment
- Online estimates
- Online classes
Anyone can add these attributes to their listing. Once added, the tag may appear in search results when relevant.
For example, here is how the “Online Care” attribute appeared in a search result:
These attributes join the long list of existing tags businesses can add to their listings, including “WiFi available,” “outdoor seating,” “cash only,” and many more.
With many consumers still preferring online or contactless shopping options, these tags can be an important tool for signaling that you can help.
How To Add Attributes To Your Google My Business Listing
The process of adding attributes to your current GMB listing is quick and easy. Simply follow the steps below:
- Sign into the Google My Business app or website
- Select the location you would like to manage if you have multiple locations
- Click “Info” from the menu
- Find “Add Attributes” then click “Edit”
- Here you can either scroll through the list and select those which apply to your business, or search for specific attributes
- Once you have selected all the attributes you wish to add, click “Apply.”
It is important to note that you may not have access to specific attributes depending on which industry you are in. For example, home repair services like carpenters or plumbers are unlikely to find the “Online care” or “Online classes” attributes.