Are you an SEO beginner or a business owner trying to get a grasp on the basics of online optimization? Google is launching an animated YouTube video series called “Search for Beginners” aimed at you, with the goal of explaining the concepts and techniques behind beginner-level SEO.
Google described the series, saying it is:
“… a new fully animated series for anyone who is interested in learning the basics of creating an online presence and the right Google Search tools to help customers find their website.”
The “Search for Beginners” videos will be released every two weeks and cover a wide range of topics including:
- How Google Search works
- Frequently asked questions about search and discoverability
- How to change what’s showing up in snippets in Google Search
- How to correct inaccurate information about a business
- How to set goals for a website
- Tips for hiring a web developer
- Tips for hiring an SEO specialist
- Top 5 things to consider for a website
Best of all, the videos are designed to be able to stand on their own, meaning you can check in on particular topics of interest or watch every installment.
You can watch the first episode above or subscribe to the Google Webmasters channel to be notified as each new episode is released.