As Facebook’s video platform continues to grow in popularity, the social media giant is releasing a new set of tools aimed at making it easier for Page owners to control and manage their video content.
Now, when Page admins upload videos they will have new distribution and customization options available, such as setting for making a secret video or assigning an expiration date. Below is a full rundown of the new video options available for Page admins:
- Secret videos: Upload non-discoverable videos that are accessible only via a direct URL.
- Audience restrictions: Restrict who can watch a video based on age and gender.
- Expiration date: Set a date for a video to be automatically removed from Facebook, while retaining all the insights data.
- Prohibit third-party embeds
- Upload without distributing in News Feed
- Customize thumbnails
- Tag videos by category
- Edit video metadata
Along with these new options, Facebook announced it is introducing a new section under the Publishing Tools tab called ‘Video Library’. This tab will allow Page owners to manage all of their video content easily in one place.
Facebook is becoming a formidable competitor to YouTube, and could potentially bypass Google’s video service in video views in the near future. With these new features, Page admins have more reason than ever to give Facebook’s video platform a try.
Facebook says all of these upgrades will be rolled out globally to Pages “over the coming weeks.”