Meta CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, revealed this week that Instagram Broadcast Channels will soon be available to all Instagram users around the world.
Instagram Broadcast Channels are private, one-way messages to either your followers or paid subscribers, making them a new way to reach your followers with text, photos, videos, polls, and even voice messages no matter where they are in their busy lives.
While the feature is coming to all worldwide users on the Instagram app, it will not be available on desktop devices using the web-based version of the platform.
New Instagram Broadcast Channels Experimental Features
Along with the wide launch, Instagram announced a number of new experimental features such as:
- Feedback prompts for ask-me-anything content or surveys
- A new dedicated inbox tab for channels
- Collaborators to invite new audiences to your broadcast channel
- Expiration dates and times for broadcasts
- The ability to add content moderators
- Preview links to promote your broadcast channel
- Send notifications to let followers know when you launch a broadcast channel
The wide launch of the feature occurred via the new Meta Channel on Instagram, but more information should be available as users get access.